ᐅ Kansas Arrest Database (KS)

To obtain your criminal record in Kansas, you can follow these steps:

  1. Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI): The Kansas Bureau of Investigation provides criminal history records for the state of Kansas. They offer an online service called the “KBI Criminal History Record Check” that allows individuals to request their own criminal records. You can access it at https://kbi.ks.gov/criminal-history-record-checks. This service is available for individuals seeking their own record and requires payment of a fee.
  2. Fingerprints: In order to obtain your criminal record from the KBI, you will need to submit a set of your fingerprints. You can get your fingerprints taken at a local law enforcement agency, such as a police department or sheriff’s office. They may charge a fee for fingerprinting services. Ensure you bring proper identification when getting your fingerprints taken.
  3. Complete the Request Form: Visit the KBI website and navigate to the “Criminal History Record Check” section. Follow the instructions provided to complete the request form, which includes providing your personal information, the purpose of the request, and the reason for obtaining your criminal record.
  4. Submit the Request and Payment: Once you have completed the request form, you will need to submit it to the KBI along with the required payment. The fee amount can be found on the KBI website. Make sure to include your fingerprints and any supporting documentation requested.
  5. Await Response: After submitting your request, the KBI will process your application and conduct a search of your criminal record. The time taken to receive your criminal record may vary, but you can typically expect a response within a few weeks. The KBI will either provide you with a copy of your criminal record or inform you if no record is found.

It’s important to note that the process and requirements may change over time, so it’s recommended to review the official KBI website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information on obtaining your criminal record in Kansas.

Leave a Comment